October 13, 2019 at 2:07 pm PST / 5:07 pm EST at 20 Degrees Aries
Like the waxing and the waning of the Moon, Aries energy is always on the move.
Turn back time one year ago. How different was your life compared to now?
Sometimes I can’t believe how fast things change.
LAST YEAR: We’re living in Calgary where winters are long but the skies are big and blue. I love my clients and my work, feeling grateful that I get to do what I do each day. Business is going well and I’m plotting and planning my first online astrology class. I’m 30 pounds heavier than I’d like to be, but I’m working on self-love (Goddess Beautiful has taught me that), so now it’s more about the health factor than a particular dress size.
Sadness is visiting more often than I’d like. I miss my family. We just buried my stepfather after his yearlong journey with cancer. I write the Full Moon in Aries article, Love You to the Moon and Back, a tribute to a man who was a classic Aries Lover, Protector and Fighter--right until his last day.
I haven’t lived in my hometown for over 20 years, but I’m chronically homesick and returning home is my dominant thought.
THIS YEAR: We live where the ocean is steps away. My business continues to grow. I feel I’m being given many opportunities to impact others in ways I have prayed for. The calendar says I’m turning 50 in eight days, and I’m happy and excited, feeling some wild energy as I’m ushered towards this milestone birthday.
I love and appreciate my man more each day and I know he feels the same way about me. I’m grateful that Chris’s parents, my mom and family are in much closer proximity now. My mom is a 10-minute car ride away.
For this Full Moon in Aries, I’m not writing about my stepdad’s death although we continue to be deeply impacted by his physical absence.
No, this Lunar Love Note is about living and just how we do that.
When you see someone you love take their last breath, you become clear just how precious life is. Not one of us is guaranteed even one more day.
This Aries Full Moon asks us to dig deep for the courage and the vulnerabiilty to live with passion and excitement for a new adventure and the resiliency to pick ourselves up when when we fall.
Life is a gift.
We may feel the seriousness of these times with Pluto, the planet of our subconscious, moving forward now with His Capcricorn plans of duty, leadership and legacy as well as Venus, the planet of our love, and Mercury, the planet of our communication, having shifted into the watery, penetrating, alchemical world of Scorpio.
Thankfully, we have the soul power of Aries courage imprinted in our individual and collective psyche, daring us to risk for love our small stories steeped in the status quo.
An epic tale of True Love is ready to emerge.
A cardinal sign, Aries aligned with a Full Moon may be stirring up fresh, new ideas that excite us, giving us the inspiration to do things we wouldn’t normally conceive.
Aries values freedom inside herself and in others, for it is this freedom that gives rise to a force of Love that tells us all things are possible.
With Aries leading the way, we are on a magical, mystery tour, resting for mere moments to reflect and integrate the intense energies that have created so much movement while the magnetic power of Love continues to pulls us right along.
THE ARIES CALL TO ACTION
(YOUR FULL MOON CEREMONY)
Full Moons afford us the opportunity to reflect and digest the energies and the times we are in.
What are you chewing, digesting, releasing, reflecting on?
Archetypes are encoded technology that when we work with them directly, we activate within us different levels of light and love, support and guidance.
I’m often asked how to work practically with Archetypes. Below are some suggestions in how to work with the Aries family of Archetypes this Full Moon:
- Quantum Leap. Take an inventory of the areas you feel are stagnant in your life. Call on the energetic fires of Aries through an invocation, a prayer or ritual to call forward the timeline you need to be on to radically transform your life in ways important to you (archetypal equivalent you’re activating – the Pioneer).
- Rise Up. The fiery energies of Aries can transmute emotions quickly, reminding us we’re always in choice, moment-by-moment, to dial up our emotional frequency and be responsible for the energy we’re putting out there. Consistently raise your vibrational bar by engaging in love-work such as meditating, singing, walking, chanting, forgiving and receiving energy work. You’ll help others raise theirs (the Adventurer in Consciousness).
- Move That Body. Love your body as you love your best friend. Stop putting things in it that hurt it. Stop saying the words that diminish its strength, vitality and healing powers. Exercise it. Treat it to some nourishing food, a daily rampage of appreciation, some dance lessons, a yoga class, a hike up a mountain (the Athlete).
- New Love. “We are all fools in love,” wrote Jane Austen. Be the Divine Fool. Declare to the universe that you’re willing to love bigger, bolder, freely, unconditionally (no matter what your age, your past, your story might be). Act as if angels have their butterfly wings out to catch you if again you should fall (the Fool for Love).
- Speak Up. Aries’ strong energy makes people feel darned uncomfortable at times. Take a stand for something you care about, for something you feel called to do. Speak up for those who have not been afforded what you have through your freedom of expression such as voting, signing a petition, writing a post, showing up at a rally. We never have to conform, twist or bend to someone else’s truth. Use your voice, continuing to expand and bring your own light to the places and spaces that need it (the Activist).
- Brave Your New World. Someone likely needs to read this. If it’s you, it’s time for you to step up and out. Commit to creating or reigniting your own heart-based, consciousness-raising blog, book and/or business. The world needs your loving presence offered in the way your soul longs to express it (the Advocate, the Entrepreneur).
- Play the Game. Aries loves to play. One of my favourite practices since I was a kid is to gamify some part of my life so that I bring more excitement and joy to some of the routine things I do or to help me reach my goals more quickly and with much more creativity. You can check this article out by Deep Patel for some inspiration on just how easy and fun it is to do that (the Player of the Game).
We have nothing to lose. We win every time when as Spiritual Warriors we choose, extend and receive love, and in doing so we learn the difference between the fool and the Fool.
Let us know in the comments below any Adventures in Consciousness you might commit to under the light of this Full Moon. How do you show up the Fool for Love?
May we always remember how precious it is to be that Fool.
10 thoughts on “Full Moon in Aries: The Risks A Fool for Love Must Take”
Thank you Jenn! Always look forward to your love letters!! I’m seeing where all the areas you shared are areas I am committed to doing a deeper dive and with your guidance I know it’s going to be a RIDE! ❤️
Thank you, Antonia! You know how much I love writing them. Haha–it has been and will continue to be a ride. Glad we are in this together!! xo
Another great love note. Thank you for your insight. I appreciate your unique approach to describing the power of the lunar cycle and the different archetypes for each of the zodiac signs. Cheers.
Thanks Sandi for saying that. I always appreciate the appreciation for the insight–I love offering another perspective.
This was a powerful article. I have felt the fool often in my life. But maybe I’ve just been the Fool for Love this entire time. 🙏🏾
That’s a lovely shift in perspective, Alice. And I’d 100% agree. <3
Jenn, thank you for these beautiful words that guide and inspire! I took time to sit with this piece and connect with you to see what ‘called me’ in terms of working with Archetypes.
At the moment I feel a pull to Rise, Move, and as always, Speak Up while paying attention to my pillars. While there is much work to be done, I need to keep reminding myself that I am supported by a loving and light-inspired Universe. And be ready to forgive myself when I stumble and fall.
Gratitude for connecting with you and others in this space <3
I really did think of you when I was writing the Speak Up part because you are such a natural Advocate/Activist for love, respect, collaboration and integrity. I’m grateful for you and all the light that you bring to this space.
Interesting you should mention forgiveness because that seems to be one of the prevalent themes waiting in the wings to be explored in the New Moon in Scorpio article in a couple of weeks. xo
Loved the connecting of the archetypes to actions we can take. I want to start a blog about women who want to make a difference in this world after their divorce/breakups. I’ve lived this. Sounds like I need some Aries energy. Thanks for the inspiration . 🥰
Oh my goodness!! Do it and please send me the link so I can share your love and your light. Thank YOU for showing up as the Warrior for Love you obviously are.